Friday, October 3, 2008

Shipwreck Stew

I thoroughly enjoying cooking and eating. I am particularly partial to yummy things I can throw into a slow cooker in the morning and have dinner ready when I get home, along with a yummy smelling house! One of my favorite sites is www.allrecipes.com . So, the other day, I was looking for something and found it, Shipwreck Stew

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shipwreck-Stew/Detail.aspx

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Hours Ready In: 5 Hours 20 Minutes
Yields: 10 servings

"Ground beef is simmered in tomato sauce with potatoes, carrots and kidney beans. It is a wonderful, hearty meal for those cool Autumn days. Great for feeding friends on football Sundays."
INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds ground beef
2 (10.75 ounce) cans
condensed tomato soup
2 medium onions, chopped 5 large potatoes, cubed
2 (15.25 ounce) cans kidney
beans, undrained

DIRECTIONS:
1. Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until browned. Drain grease, and transfer beef to a slow cooker. Mix in the tomato soups (undiluted), onions, potatoes, and beans.
2. Cover, and cook on the Low setting for 4 to 5 hours, until stew is thick and potatoes are tender.

It is part stew, part chili. It was also pretty good. I made as above, but also added a can of corn. Next time, I will probably add some rice, carrots and maybe taco seasoning for a bit more flavor. The boys loved it and 3 of them even got 2nds. It was also easy and economical, a huge plus in my book!!

No comments: