Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yummy Meatballs and Sausage!

Ok, well, today I am making it sans meatballs, so this is just a sausage recipe that is super simple that I put together sometimes. Usually, it is meatballs that I make myself and italian sausage. I like hot. I wouldn't use brats.

Meatballs, Sausage
2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
1 can of diced tomatoes italian style
salt, pepper to taste

put in a slow cooker and cook 8 hours on low. When done you can eat alone, or in a bun, or even with pasta! Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if you like a kick, as I do, and mozzarella and parmesan cheese.

I don't measure, I just do what feels right. When I make meatballs, I take beef and pork, sometimes, just beef, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and 1 or 2 eggs. Round into balls, if you don't use this for this recipe, they are easy to bake and use with pasta!

No comments: